Today is exactly one month since i got my little suzie.
Well, she still look pretty much the same when she left the carpark one month ago. I managed to keep the exterior almost the same conditions, except for some fine scratches and one super obvious one on the fuel lid. Other than these, she is in good shape.
I bathed her twice so far, even applied wax once. I have no idea how long my enthusiasm will last but i am hoping to break the 3 month barrier. It gets really frustrating actually when the car is dusty like two days after the wash since my carpark is the open air type and now, all the heavy machineries are here for the lift upgrading.
So far, within this one month, i come to find what i like and dislike about the car. Yes, i don’t want to lie to myself or anyone that this car is flawless. It isn’t, as with all the other cars you see on the roads.
What i like:
1) Being a hatchback, parking has been comparably easier than the Mit Lancer that i used to drive. Being shorter means that i can squeeze into parking slots and not worry about my head or backside jutting out.
2) Being something a little rarer on the roads. You don’t get to see a red SX-4 on the roads that much, compared to red Honda Jazz or Toyota Yaris. I like standing out and being different.
3) Even though my suzie is on 16″ rims, FC is not as bad as what i expect to see. First time was 11.4 which was not something to be happy about but the second top-up gave me 13.4 which is really a pleasant surprise. If after changing the engine oil can improve the FC, i can really start to aim to get 14~15km/litre. This is an extremely uplifting piece of news given the ever-rising petrol prices.
What i dislike:
1) I tot the small window ahead of the side mirrors will gimme better vision. What total rubbish. The two pillars at an angle means that i have a larger blind spot. I nearly knocked down one pedestrian on the zebra crossing that day.
2) The spare tyre is testing my patience. Sooner or later, i will have it out of the car and stow somewhere in my storeroom. Weight saving measures like this means a lot these days.
3) The wind noise when the windows are down is a joke. Normal conversations cannot be held. Somemore, the wind from the windows cannot be effectively cooling me down, meaning i have to on the air-con even during nite time.
These are what i have come to discover so far in this month. Overall, i have been pleased with the way things are going for the car, not so much outside though. I have been arguing with my GF over some petty issues regarding the car that i am finding owning a car brings me more troubles and bad moods than positive ones. Plus the fact that i did not achieve my initial purpose of getting a COE which i tot will be increasing in price. In hindsight, maybe i shouldn’t have bought this car afterall.